Stop the Mind Screw Podcast
10 - Living the slight edge building habits that stick
December 16, 2021
Today we discuss Living the slight edge. We discuss:
- “There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to possess it.” - Napoleon Hill in Think and Grow Rich
“Give me 6 hours to cut down a tree and I’ll spend the first 4 sharpening the ax.” Abraham Lincoln
Cultivate Slight Edge Habits
“Sow an act, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap a character. Sow a character, reap a destiny.” Charles Reade
- It becomes automatic. Those 3 words lie one of the great, underestimated, underappreciated, misunderstood secrets of the slight edge. The power of habit.
Intentional habits - good habits exist we take them for granted.
- Habit #1 Show Up
- Habit #2 Be consistent
- Habit #3 Have a positive outlook
Habit #4 Be committed for the long haul Plant, cultivate, harvest. Many times that comma between cultivating and harvest is a long one.
- Habit #5 Cultivate a burning desire backed by faith
- Habit #6 Be willing to pay the price.
- Habit #7 Practice slight edge integrity
The slight edge and your health. THE MOST IMPORTANT CHOICE DAY BY DAY AND HOUR BY HOUR IS WHETHER TO LET YOUR EATING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BUILD YOUR FONDEST DREAMS - OR DIG YOUR GRAVE.
- When in good physical health - we think more clearly, get more accomplished, and feel better about everything.
- The slight edge and your happiness.
Happiness is like health there are concrete steps you need to take to make it happen.
Happiness is affected by:
- Your outlook
- Specific actions with positive impact - gratitude.
- Where you put your time and energy.