Stop the Mind Screw Podcast
4 - Resistance How to Overcome It!
November 18, 2021
3 Mindset Shifts to Overcome Resistance
1. Expect it. It will take many different forms. It will look different for everyone
- Forms: the weather, drama with a friend, an illness, the government, an accident, etc.
Steven Pressfield The War of Art "Resistance is the equal and opposite reaction of nature to the new thing that you and I called into being out of nothing. There would be no resistance without the dream."
- A big goal means big resistance.
- It's all part of "fun." The kind of fun that builds confidence and makes you stronger.
- It is in NO WAY EASY.
2. Change the self-talk.
- Stop saying "I can't focus." "I procrastinate." "I never follow through."
- Call it what it is. RESISTANCE.
- There is nothing that empowers resistance more than calling it by a false name.
- So if you think "I can't focus." Call it resistance.
3. Ask good questions.
- Resistance is a brilliant teacher.
- Ask questions like: "What makes me uncomfortable?" "What am I avoiding?"
- Most of the time, once you know what you are resisting and why, you will face it in the name of your goal or dream.
- Be ready for resistance. Expect it.
- Accept that it's supposed to be there.
- Name it when it shows up.
- Let it be your teacher.
- Ask really good questions.
- Listen and be open no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel.
- Decide to stretch beyond your discomfort or downright fear in the name of achieving your dream.
Video: Your Word s Matter
Video: Zen Master Is That So?
Book: The Art of War
Book: A New Earth
What do you want? Inspiration to define exactly what you want. www.kathieowen.com/want
Episode Notes: www.kathieowen.com/4